Skip to main content

Books



Most of my previous articles were written in local language (Bahasa Indonesia), might be this is my first articles in English. I realized that English was so important in my daily work and activities, so I would like to keep practicing by always write this article and another articles in the future in English.

Firstly, I would like to tell about one of my hobby which is reading a lot of books. When I was kid, I really want to read a lot of book, but I have limitation in money at that time. I don’t even have spare money to buy a book because most of my money I have use it for food and transportation to go home. Once I got my first job on 2010, and I get my first salary, I used to buy at least 2-3 books every month to get back my hobby that I cannot get when I was kid.

Book that I have read were vary from history, biography, motivation, and business, but the price to buy a book here is not cheap , you can see the average for one good book is between 150.000 – 200.000 rupiah, and my first job salary was only about 3.500.000 per month, so I need to be smart when I read a book, I mean I will not finish one book just in one day. I read it slowly just to get it deeply to my brain and I can finish 3 books in a month.

Time by time then I realized in one of my bedroom that the books were fill up the rooms quickly, it is on one side of the room with the length about 4 meter and height is about two meter. Oh, I will full this room so quickly by a lot of my books collection. But then technologies have progress so rapidly which is helping me so much not to get my bedroom full. Luckily, now the trend is changing from conventional book to digital book or we used to call it e-book.

A lot of ways to get e-book on this time, some of the way is I downloaded apps with name ipusnas. This is one of the platform supported by the government to make a lot of Indonesian can read books easily without having difficulties by buying it on the book store that sometime the price is quite expensive. Seriously, what you can do is just downloaded the apps, register, and you can search the books you want and downloaded and then finally read it for free.

But not all the book you can find on Ipusnas, especially for the new book, I can make sure you will not find it, might be at least book from 6 months ago then you can get it from here. For me this app is helping a lot, sometime if you go to one of the famous book store and the book you want was display on the rack, I used to search it on this app and found it, then I just downloaded for free.

There are some advantages by reading e-book. If you buy the conventional book, you will spend about 200.000 rupiah. but with this e-book, you don't have to spend any money. Another thing, if you buy the conventional book, not only you can finish the book just in 2 days, but also the book then again will fill up bedroom and one day I have to donate the book or give it to someone else. With e-book is really simple, after you read it and got all the information, then you can return and end of story. No need to spare some space anymore for your book.

The only disadvantage, Ipusnas only give me books with local language (Bahasa Indonesia). For me reading only Bahasa Indonesia books is not enough, every week at least I need to finish reading one book with English. To get this target achieved, I downloaded the book using PDF Drive. Most of the book I want I can get it from this website, and for sure the book is in English, so this could give me practice about reading a lot of word in English and the most important thing is give me so many new vocabulary as I used to open digital translator in my phone whenever I found the new word I don’t understand and I read it at least three times to be remember easily and I would not forget.

I just realized that wrote this articles quite long as I really enjoy reading and writing. I hope this article will help the reader that have the same hobby as me to read a lot of book and you still can get the information you need without spending so much money and no need to save a space to store it.

I will keep writing another articles in English to improve my skill in writing, and for sure will be another interesting story. :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prosedur Buku Pelaut Panama

  Saya ingin membuat buku pelaut Panama karena adanya kemudahan akses ketika bekerja di beberapa negara sebagai Seaman. Awalnya cukup sulit untuk menemukan informasi di Internet mengenai prosedur pembuatan buku Pelaut Panama di Indonesia. Namun saya segera mencari tahu dan mencobanya sendiri, hanya dalam waktu 3-4 hari kerja, setelah semua syarat dokumen lengkap dan dilakukan pembayaran, saya sudah bisa mendapatkan buku pelaut Panama di Rumah. Berikut ini saya sampaikan beberapa point-point penting mengenai prosedur pembuatan Buku Pelaut Panama : 1.      Dimana membuat buku pelaut Panama? Buku pelaut Panama dibuat di Consulate General of Panama di Jakarta yang berada di World Trade Center Lt.13, Jalan Jend. Sudirman, Karet-Kuningan. Namun karena keterbatasan waktu, saya menggunakan jasa Agent. 2.      Apa saja persyaratan buku pelaut Panama? a.      Surat permohonan dari perusahaan b.      Passpor (valid at least 6 bulan) c.      Bosiet/BST (valid at least 6 bulan) d.

Medical Check Up OGUK/UKOAA

Awal April 2018 lalu, saya mengambil paket Medical Check Up (MCU) UKOAA/OGUK di Klinik SOS Medika Cipete-Jakarta. MCU standar UKOAA/OGUK saya sebelumnya sudah berakhir masa berlaku-nya (Masa berlaku = 2 tahun), sehingga saya harus kembali mengambil MCU lagi untuk memastikan bahwa saya FIT untuk bekerja di offshore. Sebelum saya menuju ke lokasi, saya membuat appointment terlebih dahulu melalui email : sosidn.medapp@internationalsos.com , kemudian setelah ada konfirmasi, saya melakukan persiapan selama 2 minggu sebelumnya dengan berolahraga rutin, menjaga makanan rendah lemak/kolesterol, dan menjaga pikiran supaya tetap rileks. Setelah semuanya siap, saya berangkat menuju ke Klinik SOS Medika yang beralamat di Jalan Puri Sakti No.10, Cipete-Antasari. Jakarta Selatan. Sekedar informasi bahwa untuk paket MCU UKOAA/OGUK terdapat beberapa kategori  : Paket OGUK Complete seharga Rp 2.600.000 (Usia < 50Tahun)   Paket OGUK Standar seharga Rp 1.300.000 (Usia < 50Tahun)

Endorse Panama Medical

Saya membutuhkan Panama Medical untuk kepengurusan salah satu dokumen offshore, pada awalnya saya masih bingung dimana saya bisa membuat Panama Medical, berapa biayanya, dan apabila saya sudah memiliki Medical sesuai standar OGUK, apakah masih bisa digunakan untuk dibuatkan Endorse Panama Medical. Banyak pertanyaan yang saya tidak tahu jawabannya, dan ketika saya mencari di internet, masih cukup sulit untuk menemukan artikel yang membahas mengenai Panama Medical di Indonesia, sehingga saya mencoba mencari tahu sendiri dan pengalaman tersebut saya tuliskan ke dalam artikel ini supaya memberikan kemudahan bagi pembaca yang ingin membuat Panama Medical. 1.      Apa itu Panama Medical ? Salah satu check up kesehatan yang mengacu kepada standar Medical MLC/ILO, sehingga hasil akhir nya akan menentukan apakah seseorang Fit untuk bekerja atau Unfit yang kemudian Medical tersebut akan diendorse oleh dokter yang telah diauthorisasi oleh Panama Maritime. 2.      Berapa biaya Panama Medic